Civilization is the process of enlarging the category of We and Us, and moving people out of They and Them until no one is left in it.
Chad Miller’s stuff
+1 321 445 1123
- I'm trying to make a big model of the solar system.
- Parenting notes. I might be a bad parent, but I'm a damned good engineer.
- Ubuntu 15.04 desktop, day job.
- Code for America and Code for Orlando put my skills to use for a good purpose.
- Café Scientifique Orlando. I founded in 2008 and organized for 6 years. It's on hiatus while I take a breather.
- Orlando Police calls and twitter accounts “orlpolZIP”
- Mixed-drinks recipes app, “Top Shelf”, for Android devices.
- Enzian special-event ical-feed. webcal://enzian-specials.appspot.com/shows.ics
- I grew up in the woods of Georgia US, and now live in Orlando Florida US.
- I take photos, but not as many as I used to.
- I like to play what is likely the oldest board-game in the world, Go / Weiqi.
- My day job is to write Free software. If you're older than 40, just give up understanding. It all works out.
- Incidentally, you should try it.
- I have used Linux almost exclusively since 1995. That probably says a lot about me.
- I got cancer at age 25 and took ten years to recover from it. I had an enormous freak heart-attack at age 38 and took 45 minutes to recover from it. I have a few stories. I feel great, now.
- I like to travel and have travelled a bit. My left foot has been in Asia, but not my right. Some trips, from memory: Paris, Seattle, Vieques, Paris, Boston, Heidelberg, Munich, Dublin, Galway, Stockholm, Uppsala, Riga, Helsinki, Istanbul, Stockholm, Barcelona, Boston, Paris, Brussels, London, Copenhagen, Portland, Córdoba (AR), Buenos Aires, London, Buenos Aires, London, Malta. I'm trying to get to Tangier, Istanbul (my fave), India, Vietnam.
- I have a great wife, and a pretty good son. He is literate enough to tweet, and I upload videos sometimes. He plays Go too.